Accessing and Using the Student Printers
All of the Public Workstations within the school are setup to print to the Student Printers. The printers are called Student Printer. The printers are located in the following areas:
Basement Library beside the Computer Lab/TMS office
1st Floor Library facing the Reference Desk
2nd Floor Library far end of the Reading Area
You can send a print job from any of the Public PCs or from your own laptop (you will need to install the drivers first see below). Wherever you insert your Print Card is where the job will print (there is a print card reader beside each printer). Print jobs are only available for a few hours and then the print queues are purged. Print Cards should have been provided at your Orientation. If you need to replace or add dollars to one, there are 2 Printer Vending machines. One is located in the basement library beside the library elevator. Another one can be found beside the Rest Rooms in the 1st Floor Library area.
If you encounter any difficulties printing or using your print card, please stop by the IT TMS office located beside the main Computer Lab in the basement Library. Office hours are listed below:
Monday-Thursday 8:00AM - 10:00PM
Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Sunday 10:00AM - 5:00PM
To install the Pharos print driver on your Windows- or Mac-based system, download the driver that corresponds to your platform from the toolbar on the right and follow the instructions provided below:
Installing Pharos on Windows
- Install the Pharos package from the executable package that you downloaded from the list on the right.
- After the installation has completed successfully, go to the Control Panel and open Printers & Faxes
- Open the properties page of the "Student Printers on..." printer.
- Go to the Device Settings tab
- Go to Installable Options
- Find "Duplex Unit" and set it to "Installed"
- Next, find "Printer Memory" and set it to 64MB
- Click OK.
Installing Pharos on Mac OSX
- Mount the StudentPrinters.dmg package that you downloaded from the list on the right.
- Open the Popup 8.3 disk.
- Run Popup.pkg.
- Click through each of the installation screens.
- The "StudentPrinters" will now be listed as an available printer